Saturday, August 9, 2008

8.8.8 Beijing Summer Olympics

The Summer Olympics have officially started in Bejing. In the past, I haven't made too much of an effort to watch them. But this time, I've been tuning in a lot more, perhaps because it will be Madi's homeland. After the opening ceremonies, I must say I was completely blown away by what the Chinese were able to produce. What a spectacular show. It was estimated that over 150 million was spent just to produce it, using an extraordinary 15,00 performers. I've truly never seen any performance with such precision and synchrony. Anyways, I'm looking forward to the rest of the olympic games, watching it when I can. Lately I've been super busy with several projects both for Madi's fundraisers and for her bedroom. I've been working on refurbishing a piece of furniture we picked up from a yard sale last week for a real bargain. But I will have to make another post soon with some photos to share. 

No comments: