Monday, April 28, 2008

Our "Waiting for Madi" Video

When we first started our adoption paperwork, I found the most adorable figurine at a gift shop with a little angel watching over this cute little boy sleeping on a moon. I've always been into stars & moons, so when I saw this I thought it would be perfect for our nursery. Aside from the light switch being broken, my husband asked me if I was sure I wanted it considering there was a little boy with blonde hair & a blue outfit ( and not a little girl ). But to me these little details were not enough to convince me to leave it behind. So as soon as we got home & my husband was able to fix the switch, I snuck away to paint the little baby's blond hair to black & even made it a bit longer, and then I painted the baby's blue outfit to red. Now, it was really perfect. During our wait, this little figurine has been able to serve as a constant reminder that there is ( or will be ) a little girl waiting for us on the other side of the world. 


A few months ago while my husband Kris was going through photos, he decided to create a short video inspired by our special figurine & I think the song he chose is perfect, it's by one of his favorite artists: "Jewel" & it's called "Angel Standing By" . Here are the lyrics:



All through the night I'll be watching over you

And all through the night I'll be standing over you

And through bad dreams I'll be right there baby

telling everything's going to be alright

When you cry I'll be there baby

telling you were never nothing less than beautiful

So don't you worry

I'm your Angel Standing By

2 comments:

Jamie and Angela said...

That was absolutely beautiful. I just love the angel lamp, what a treasure.

XUE said...

That is an adorable figurine & your nursery looks cosy already!