Saturday, August 1, 2009

Swimming classes & Sewing......

Last weekend I had a last minute invite to a 1 year old celebration from a few blocks away, so I literally only had a few hours to come up with a gift. It's a good thing I love to sew because it was the perfect excuse to make this cute summer dress with some ladybug fabric I had in my stash. I originally made one about 2 sizes larger but I was reminded by my 6th grade god-daughter that the baby was just turning 1....not 3. Ok...fine. So I made this new one. The larger one I will be posting in my Etsy store for sale (as soon as I get around to it :) ).



My de-stressor lately continues to be sewing. I'll take advantage of any extra window of time I can get, even if it's late at night or early in the morning, and sometimes while visiting my mama ( I get to see her all the time, so when I go to her place I love to carry my machine & stash of projects while she cooks or crochets ).

I've also been taking our G-kids to swim classes ( daily, for several weeks now ). Here they are at a "mock" swim meet after only 1 week of instruction. They both did awesome, even taking 1st place during one of the competitions. I'm so proud of them.



And here's the proud "Nina" with the G-kids. Can you tell we were getting tired of holding our "say cheese" smile? It was over 100º and very sunny.

1 comment:

Aurora said...

Hi Marsi,
Thank you for the post and pics. The kids are really growing up fast. Ivy looks so pretty.
I love that dress! I'ld like to buy one for Samantha. I will call you soon. Aurora