Monday, October 1, 2012

1 Year plus 5 months....


Today our little girl turns 17 months, which means it's been a little over 4 months since we received her referral. This is a glimpse of my desk at home where I try my best to get some work done despite the worry that goes on in my head. All we have is just a few little photos of her, and nothing else regarding her well being, or current daily schedule...so we can only wonder how she is & pray she continue to stay safe & healthy until we can pick her up. 

We are almost at the last stage of paperwork, waiting for our Article 5 to be picked up in China, which we were told will take place on Oct. 10, 2012. Then Travel Approval can happen in as little as a few days to several weeks, the average being about 10 days or so after Article 5. So even though travel could still be possible for the end of October, it is more likely to expect it will happen in  November for sure....( at least hopefully ).


Her room is a bit too messy for me to post photos online right now, but here's just a little glimpse of one little corner. We've turned her crib into a day bed but I really still need to finish making her bedding in the next week or so. 

We also received a gently used playpen from family, that we plan on putting in our bedroom for the first few months that we're home. We'll see how it works out until she feels comfortable sleeping in her room. Although, we might end up putting the rail back on the crib if she's not ready for the toddler day bed....but we'll just have to see once she's home. 



So in the meantime, I've been sorting out some outfits, some made by me, others bought or given as gifts. They're all so cute, & I'm hoping they will fit her. According to the most current measurements we received, she should be able to wear a size 12-18 months, so that's the size I will bring. 





As far as shoes, her feet are about 5" right now, & I've been told that she could be in a 4 but I will be bringing a few pairs in a size 5. 

Thanks again for following along & for all of the well wishes we continue to receive. 

I will try to post photos of all the little dollies I have been making ( with the help of wonderful volunteers ) in hopes of bringing them to China with us to give away to the children at Madi's orphanage. 


No comments: